Sunday, May 5, 2013

Learning Something New

It seems appropriate that my first blog post is about learning something new.  Like in "how to blog."  How to make a blog.  How to design a blog.  How to write a blog.  How to remember frankly that I even HAVE a blog.  I'm a bit over extended so this may end up being my only blogpost for 2013.   Me and a million other lost tech souls (otherwise known as "mid-lifers" trying to get in and stay in the social media game).

By the way, me and Twitter have had a few dates and ... I don't see the allure.  I'll stick with my current co-dependent, obsessional relationship with Facebook, thank you very much.  LinkedIn is kinda cute, what with those "endorsements" and all, and I'm sure we'll have a coffee date or two when I'm looking for permanent work in the fall.  My acting website and I aren't really talking right now.   I can't stand to look at her so we must have had a fight or something.  No doubt, we'll sort it out.

So, why blog?  I dunno... I guess... cause everybody else is doing it??  I think some would say they blog to "have a voice."  Or to "put their two cents out there."   Hmmm....  I already have a voice and I have about two cents to my name which I need to keep until I have a job so, why?  Again that question...

I think I haven't blogged before today because the voice in my head (there's only one - for now) hasn't had much to say except an endless stream of whining, complaining, venting, ranting, over-analyzing and a number of other negative activities that have allowed me to let off some super icky steam over the years.   It also proves that I have a lot of freaking awesome friends since they still indulge me when I bitch about the last five years of my life.

The events of the last five years will of course be played out in these posts.  Hopefully, in drips and drabs without entire long, boring stories of "that story" - the one I need to stop telling.

This blog is about the NEW story.  New dreams, new realizations, new things to laugh about (it IS called "Laugh at Laura" - there better be something to elicit a chuckle or two).   A new way of looking at the world.  A new way of seeing myself.  A new way of living.

That sounds great, yes?  I hope I remember I started this blog...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura!
    Sounds like a plan I can endorse--and just for good measure... here you go: hahahaha! --Kate Greer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my inaugural post. I hope subsequent posts inspire, amuse and change lives.... wow... that's a lot of pressure. Maybe I'll just shoot for a chuckle.

      Delete
  2. Hey dear! Miss you here in the ATL, and hope you are settling in to your new old home way out west!
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New old home... I like that... don't be surprised if I steal it.

      Delete